THE VEIGA VARIABLE
1. the ever shifting, day-to-day adventures of the Veiga household.
2. a symbol used to represent where we are headed next.
3. all the unpredictable and (sometimes) chaotic happenings of our life.
So, who are we?
Well that’s a tricky question–We’re so many things! Most of the world calls one of us Meghan and the other one Jen. We’ve been a married couple since the Fall of 2015, but we’ve been friends and adventurers in life since 2009.
Our present day finds us in The Great Lakes State (Jen’s been here awhile; Meghan originally came from The Golden State to the Fourth Coast). The usual story ensued–girl meets girl, girl likes girl, yadda, yadda, yadda… girl marries girl. Something like that, right?
Here’s a picture of us on our wedding day:
Why are we here?
Don’t we all wonder that sometimes? We’re mostly here, anyway, to attempt to capture some pieces of the exciting chapters ahead.
Want to get to know us better? Find out what happens next? Stick around!
- Michigan’s State Motto: Si Quæris Peninsulam Amœnam Circumspice
Translates to: If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you!
- The distance between the California State Capitol in Sacramento, and the Michigan State Capitol in Lansing, is about 2,250 miles. It would take about 32 hours to drive (without stopping), and you would pass through 9 states (including CA and MI)!
- Michigan’s state capitol building has a narrow dome with a long slender spire on top of it, unusual for state capitol buildings. (source)
- California’s state capitol building was built with a dome-within-a-dome concept to make the outside appear as grand as the inside. (source)
- The title photo of the Redwood Forest was taken by Meghan at Calaveras Big Trees State Park in CA while adventuring with Jen + Meghan’s Parents.